LACP – Link aggregation control Protocol
- Previously fell under 802.3ad, but now (around 2020) falls under 802.1ax.
- Provides layer two link redundancy
- Creates more bandwidth in a very cost effective way
- Ports must be same speed and in full duplex
- Both switching mode (family ethernet-switching) and routed mode (family inet) is supported
# Example LACP configuration on EX series switch: set interfaces ge-0/0/0 ether-options 802.3ad ae0 set interfaces ge-0/0/1 ether-options 802.3ad ae0 set interfaces ae0 vlan-tagging set interfaces ae0 aggregated-ether-options lacp active periodic fast set interfaces ae0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching interface-mode trunk set interfaces ae0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members vlan10 set vlan vlan10 vlan-id 10